October 12, 2010

'He's Always There'

God promised in a dream one night,
that close He would always be.
Regardless of my lifes' distress,

He would always walk by me.

Then flashing scenes showed every time

my life knew pain and wrath,
yet a single set of footprints
were etched on every path.

I asked why He had abandoned me

in times so sad and blue,
God said.......

 "My child, those were the times that I carried you."                                     **********************************

Different versions of the above passage have been circulating for years....'Footprints'.
But, every time I read it, it causes me to stop & think about the meaning. It's very powerful.

How many times do we feel alone? Forgotten? Whether we feel abandoned by family, friends or even God, we do have the assurance that God is faithful and He is always there...sometimes silently, but He's there all the same.

I thank God, personally, for being with me through so many hard times, sickness and trials. It never ceases to amaze me when He reveals to me that He's been there all the time! God never fails...a faithful friend He is to me!

Blessings to all!
~ Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment