January 25, 2011

'Where's Your Heart'

Daily I spend time reflecting, making new goals, meditating, studying and praying. I feel, as so many others, a renewal of motivation when a new year begins. So, in my time of silence when I want to be inspired and 'grow' , I have something 'hit me' and I now want to share.

For the past several days I have been thinking about the heart...not necessarily the condition of the physical heart, but the spiritual heart. I was reading a familiar scripture that states, 'For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.', found in Matthew 6:21. Of course, we know that the Word teaches us to lay up treasures in Heaven and not here on earth. Everyone wants to go to Heaven, right? And, it's true, we should work for that ultimate goal to make Heaven our eternal home.

In the meantime, however, shouldn't we put our 'heart' into what God wants us to accomplish while we're here? Shouldn't we give 100% to maintain and improve what God has provided for us? If we want a successful and happy home, doesn't that require putting your whole heart into that to make it happen? If we want to see growth in our churches, doesn't that require pouring yourself into your church and that community on a daily basis? If we want to be the best at our jobs, will it not require us to go over and above mediocrity? If we want to achieve success as a student, aren't we going to have to give of our time and stay focused and motivated?

I believe God wants our very best at all times. He has blessed us with so much and we should never take anything for granted. Yes, I lay up treasures in Heaven, for I know that in the end that's all that will matter. But, I believe that God wants us to be responsible with what He hast trusted us with while we are here.

My prayer is that I will give my whole heart to God, that He will send His blessings to me, my family and friends; that my heart will constantly seek and desire to do His will at all times!


Striving to be a better person in Christ,
~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment